While hosted VoIP has received a bad rap through the past decade or so, I am here to explain why small to medium businesses need to switch to a hosted VoIP solution and where the bad stigma came from.
The internet has come a long way in the past 10 years when it comes to available speeds, affordable pricing, better back end technologies, traffic redundancy, and load balancing are among some of the biggests improvements.
Hosted VoIP 10 years ago or even 5 years ago is not what is it today or will be in the very near future. Many small businesses took on the hosted VoIP solution early on to save many and to access built in disaster recover features but...
The problem was they tried to set their voice system up all on their own and had their IT groups set there systems up without fully understanding what it takes to make these system work smoothly from the call routing aspect all the way the the quality of service side of things.
This caused many issues and small to medium business owners started to put a bad name on hosted VoIP when in reality the issue was their systems were not set up or maintained properly from the beginning.
With that now out of the way, let's take a look at the top 5 reasons for your business to make the transition to the hosted VoIP club:
1. Disaster Recover - is one of the main features small to medium businesses need a hosted VoIP solution. For example, if any one of your business phones is offline, the call traffic can be automatically be pointed to another number such as a cell or another business location. And as soon as your business phone comes back online then all call routing will revert to normal automatically.
2. Mobility - is another major factor in the making the move to hosted VoIP. having the ability to bring a business phone home and plug it in to your home network for business use is huge! Along with having a mobile app and or desktop UC client all tied in as the same extension and are all tied to your business call routing structure no matter where you are in the world is one of the most powerful business features to date for hosted VoIP.
3. No On-Premise PBX - this is a huge relief for everything as if you are to ever move your physical business location all you have to do is worry about getting your new internet access and cabling is installed at the new location(s). No more worrying about being tied down to expensive on premise pbx's and servers that are a pain to dismantle and reinstall. Everything is in the cloud and secure 24/7/365.
4. Cost Savings - nowadays the average small to medium business can save anywhere from 10-50% on their monthly service charges for their business phone system by switching to a hosted solution. On top of that there are a ton of no capital expense program's provided by a ton of companies so that you can literally get a brand new state of the art phone system without paying a single penny upfront.
5. Emerging Technology Integrations - integrating all of your business applications together should be the goal as this allows for better overall business data analytics, workflow efficiency, better time to resolution, and a whole lot more. Every quarter there are new available integrations with hosted VoIP systems and crucial business applications.